Oral Presentation Guidelines
Oral Presentation Guidelines
The Congress programme is available on the website, to view the programme please click here. Please check the programme to make sure that you know where and when you are scheduled to present. If you have any queries/conflicts in relation to the programme please contact HETI2018@conferencepartners.ie
The order that the papers in your session are listed in the programme is the running order for presentations during the session. If you are presenting at two sessions that coincide you should contact the organiser of both sessions and arrange to be placed first in one session and last in the other. This will easily allow you to move between rooms and ensure you can contribute to both sessions. Please note it will take no longer than 3-4 minutes to move between rooms and that your presentations will have been uploaded to the computers in the relevant rooms in advance.
The Congress Venue
The Congress Presentations/Parallel Sessions will be held in the RDS Main Complex, access via the Anglesea Road entrance. The rooms where presentations will be taking place are:
- Concert Hall
- Lansdowne Room
- Dodder A
- Dodder B
- Official Language: English
- Acceptable Presentation File Format: Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2013 or earlier versions (.ppt, .pptx) / Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
- PPT slide 4:3 format
- Use standard fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial or Tahoma which will be installed on the session room computers. If you use any special or unique fonts, your presentation may not appear correctly using the session room computers.
- Verification of proper performance in the Speaker Preview Room is essential, particularly if video or animation is included in the presentation.
- All room computers will be equipped with Window 7 based PCs with Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 and Adobe Acrobat Viewer installed.
- Presenters will not be allowed to use personal laptops to avoid problems with computer-projector compatibility.
- We have also created an HETI 2018 slide template you are free to use to create your presentation. Click here to download the Congress PowerPoint slides.
Speaker Preview Room
The speaker preview room will be located at the back of the Concert Hall. It will be open from Wednesday 27th June from 08:00. There will be technicians available in this room to receive your presentation. PLEASE NOTE: You cannot present directly from your own laptop in the session room. You must go to the speaker preview room. This must be done a minimum of 2 hours prior to your presentation slot.
Opening Times for speaker preview room
- Wednesday 27 June 08:00 – 17.00
- Thursday 28 June 08:00 – 17.00
- Friday 29 June 08:00 – 13.00
Audio Visual Equipment
Each room contains the following equipment:
If you require a slide clicker, laser pointer or other presenting tools please bring these with you.
Availability of Abstracts
Click here to view all Congress abstracts. They are also available on the Congress App.
Publication of presentation
We would like to load all presentations up to the congress website post event and will retain the copy of the presentation which is given to the technician in the speaker preview room. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you WOULD NOT like your presentation put on the website.
Parallel sessions vary in timings however regardless of session length or number of presenters in a session, each presenter has been allocated 25 minutes (20minutes to present and 5 minutes for questions). Chairs have been asked to be strict in all of our sessions about time compliance to avoid over-run.
Please ensure that you arrive punctually for your presentation time slot, arriving at least 10minutes before the session is due to start. The Congress programme is extensive and so, keeping to schedule is essential. There will be technicians and volunteers on site at all times to assist with any technical difficulties or to help as necessary.
Time Keeping Cards
Each session chair has a set of time keeping cards which they will use to communicate with presenters to keep the sessions on time.
- A green card indicates that you have 5 minutes of presenting time left before Q&A time
- A red card indicates that the presentation time is finished and it’s time to move to Q&A