About HETI 2018
Congress Overview and Pillars
STRIKING THE BALANCE
Achieving a balance in life is a topic that is receiving increasing levels of attention and spans the international and national contexts. Whether this is trying to manage the world’s natural resources with man’s growing needs or individuals trying to maintain a better balance between work, leisure and family. Better balance is something that resonates with most people.
The proposed theme of the 16th International Congress of Equine Facilitated Programmes 2018 in Ireland is ‘Striking the Balance’.
Primarily, the congress aims to explore ways to strike the balance between:
- The challenge of providing high quality EFP’s in an environment of competing resources: where demand is greater than supply
- The challenges of producing rigorously robust studies versus evaluative or anecdotal studies
- The challenge of funding EFP’s: public and private funding sources
- Segregated or mainstream settings for equine facilitated programmes: which are best and for whom
- The provision of equine facilitated programmes and horse welfare and management considerations
Each year, the staff knowledge pool base expands producing richer horse human experiences for everybody.
Each year, over one thousand people experience a warm welcome when they visit Festina Lente.
Each year, hundreds of children, teens and adults from all different backgrounds join in a host of equine based lessons and programmes at Festina Lente.
Each year, the talents of hundreds of children, teens and adults from all different backgrounds
Each year, at least 3 evaluation and research studies relating to the horse human relationship and/or horse welfare considerations are conducted.
Each year, Festina Lente receives coverage for its innovative approach to engaging people with horses.
LIST OF CONGRESS SUPPORTERS
Horse Sport Ireland
Equine Facilitated Education
and Therapy Association (Ireland)
Riding for the Disabled Association Ireland
An Taoiseach (Ireland’s Head of Government)
Lord Mayor of Dublin
Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport
Department of Social Protection
Special Olympics Ireland
LOCAL ORGANISING COMMITTEE
Jill Carey (Congress Chair)
Michelle Stephens Byrne